Published on September 17th, 2010 | by Paz3
Job Offer in China; YES!
Here we go!
I have an official job offer in China from a great company in Guangzhou China. My start date is February 25, 2011. I will be teaching English to 4-5 yr olds in a private English School. It is going to be great! We are going to be leaving mid February, with our youngest munchkin turning 1 on February 12th it will be a good opportunity to have a birthday party and good bye party all at the same time. Mind you, he can also get his one year old vaccinations before we leave then too. Which is great. Here is what are we doing with all of our stuff.
1. House-a good friend is renting it out.
2. Fang (our dog)-my sister is suppose to take her
3. Bills -paying as much off before we go and setting up a savings account with money in it for things like life insurance-student loans, ect.
4. Furniture-because it is friend of ours that is moving in we are leaving the big stuff for him to use. If it gets ruined or broken that is fine with us. We are leaving it.
5. Personal Stuff- We have bought tupperware and are putting all of our things that we cannot get rid of in them and storing them in our basement. Yet another benefit of having a friend rent your house.
6. Important Documents-We are going to be scanning all of our important documents like mortgage papers, insurance papers, anything that we may have to reference at any point into a program called Dropbox. What Dropbox basically is a place where you store almost any file online. It is free for up to 2GB of space. Which is plenty for us.
So in a nut shell there you have our plan. As for when we get there my job has set us up with a 2 bedroom apartment in the same complex as all of the other teachers.
Our 3 yr old will continue her 3k education in China in Mandarin. Yes, she will be the immigrant. I think it will not only build character but she is use to being a little different than all of the other kids already. She currently is the only ‘white’ kid in an all African-American school. Btw, she loves it.
There will be a blog series coming of how to get a job teaching English abroad. Not sure if that is beneficial to anyone. But I have learned so much by doing this process and would love to share it with everyone.